The Carbon Blade ®
A board with boosted lift & response. Rapid turns, spins & wraps. Thumb channel for quick grab during airs. Customize your art on this page or select a button below for ready to ship options. Customs ready to ship in 3-4 weeks. Art samples available in our FAQ.
Weight Limit: None – 3 Sizes: 53″; 55″; 57″ x 3/4″ Nose taper to 5/8″
The Blade’s design combines a ¾” core with a taper that progresses down to 5/8″ at the nose. You get the full float and buoyancy of a thick core plus a lighter feel to the nose. This lighter nose kicks up responsiveness and maneuverability. Overall this shape boasts rapid turns, spins and intense wraps. A modest deck channel near the rail serves as a quick and effective thumb grab for control in aerial maneuvers. This precision shape boasts a superior, highly sensitive ride in multiple wave conditions.
Construction: Custom built in the USA. Individually hand crafted, double wrapped rails, strategic reinforcement points and power rods combined with these premium upgrades:
- Warp glass, designed specifically for the surf industry. While standard E Glass & S Glass have a 50/50 weave, Warp is specialized with 75% thread running nose to tail and 25% running rail to rail. Imagine having a series of stringers in your board. The result is an incredibly strong board without added weight.
- Silmar® resin. Formulated in Hawthorne, California in 1961, and sold worldwide, it is the most widely used surfboard manufacturing resin in the industry. The development of this premium resin continues to reach the goals of high clarity, excellent UV-resistance plus remarkably stable viscosity (consistent flow while laminating and kicking). Cures to water clear finish.
- A high density Divinycell foam core. The out in front industry leader in quality, Divinycell boosts dimensional stability and fracture toughness like no other.
Customization: High Impact, Super Stiff Deck Composite Choices:
- Carbon – Super strong & extremely light weight. 5 times as strong as steel, 2 times as stiff and weighs 2/3 less.
- Carbon/Kevlar Hybrid – All of the benefits of carbon above with alternating strands of Kevlar®. A polymer strong enough to stop bullets and knives—often described as being “five times stronger than steel on an equal weight basis.”
- Barracuda – BGF industries, the leader in impact composites, specializes in ballistic and stab proof body armor. Their roster of exceptional products includes Barracuda, an aluminized glass with the tensile strength of steel. Each fiber of the glass is wrapped in this treatment bring a purity of color and the look of a 3D metallic. Exclusively offered by Wave Zone Skim. Colors include, Silver, Gold, Charcoal, Green.
Resin Art Bottom: Your choice of colors.
- Resin Art – Resin art over composite.
- Clear – The deck will be fully covered with the premium composite fabric. Then the exterior will be coated with a clear layer that shows the fabrication.
- Level: Experienced, Advanced, Premium
- Size: 53", 55", 57"
- Weight Limit: No Limit