Carbon Decimate® Skimboard
Pin tail & tight rails. Rail Channels and tail grooves for thumb grab. Expect light weight, high speed, responsive maneuvers and intense wraps. Long glides and lines. Production time 5-7 days or check Specials for completes.
The shape of the Decimate features a broad mid-section that continues toward the nose for a balanced ride. This progression supports varied stances with consistent performance. Rail channels for a quick grab and release when catching air and when crouching low. Tactile grooves at the tail assist with target focus when waiting out the perfect wave. Expect long lines, seamless transitions, smooth wraps, speed and lift. Responsive shape with a solid core and sharp rails. Advanced/Pro performance in a wide range of wave conditions. This deliberately engineered combination of a stiff deck and a shock absorbing, surfboard-style glassed bottom brings the rider less flex, greater distance and harder cuts.
Construction: Custom built in the USA. Individually hand crafted, double wrapped rails, strategic reinforcement points and power rods combined with these premium upgrades:
- Warp glass, designed specifically for the surf industry. While standard E Glass & S Glass have a 50/50 weave, Warp is specialized with 75% thread running nose to tail and 25% running rail to rail. Imagine having a series of stringers in your board. The result is an incredibly strong board without added weight.
- Silmar® resin. Formulated in Hawthorne, California in 1961, and sold worldwide, it is the most widely used surfboard manufacturing resin in the industry. The development of this premium resin continues to reach the goals of high clarity, excellent UV-resistance plus remarkably stable viscosity (consistent flow while laminating and kicking). Cures to water clear finish.
- A high density Divinycell foam core. The out in front industry leader in quality, Divinycell boosts dimensional stability and fracture toughness like no other.
Customization: High Impact, Super Stiff Deck Composite Choices:
- Carbon – Super strong & extremely light weight. 5 times as strong as steel, 2 times as stiff and weighs 2/3 less.
- Carbon/Kevlar Hybrid – All of the benefits of carbon above with alternating strands of Kevlar®. A polymer strong enough to stop bullets and knives—often described as being “five times stronger than steel on an equal weight basis.”
- Barracuda – BGF industries, the leader in impact composites, specializes in ballistic and stab proof body armor. Their roster of exceptional products includes Barracuda, an aluminized glass with the tensile strength of steel. Each fiber of the glass is wrapped in this treatment bring a purity of color and the look of a 3D metallic. Exclusively offered by Wave Zone Skim. Colors include, Silver, Gold, Charcoal, Green.
Resin Art Bottom:
Chose blended blue, green, yellow, and grey/black.
- Resin Art – Swirled and airbrushed designs cover the full deck with carbon or Barracuda underneath.
- Clear – The deck will be fully covered with the premium composite fabric. Then the exterior will be coated with a clear layer that shows the fabrication.
- Level: Experienced, Advanced, Premium
- Size: 49", 51", 53", 55"
- Weight Limit: No Limit