Carbon Shadow ® Skimboard
Thick core and step rails knife through the water for lightning fast spins, smooth wraps and boosted lift. Buoyant and stiff. Customize your art on this page or select a button below for ready to ship options. Customs ready to ship in 3-4 weeks. Art info available in our FAQ.
Weight Limit: None – 4 Sizes: 50″; 52″; 54″; 56″ x 3/4″
The Shadow Pro Skimboard sports a 3/4″ core thickness for maximum buoyancy. Blunt nose and hard step rails that knife into the water easily. The slice of the rail lets the water abruptly release from the board rails to plane faster and turn quicker. Expect smooth wraps, boosted lift and quick spins. High density and higher level of stiffness throughout the core of the board giving high speed out of the gate. Expect a lift, responsive ride, fast wraps and spins. Ideal for larger wave conditions. The combination of a stiff deck and a shock absorbing, surfboard-style glassed bottom brings the rider less flex, greater distance and harder cuts.
Construction: Custom built in the USA. Individually hand crafted, double wrapped rails, strategic reinforcement points and power rods combined with these premium upgrades:
- Warp glass, designed specifically for the surf industry. While standard E Glass & S Glass have a 50/50 weave, Warp is specialized with 75% thread running nose to tail and 25% running rail to rail. Imagine having a series of stringers in your board. The result is an incredibly strong board without added weight.
- Silmar® resin. Formulated in Hawthorne, California in 1961, and sold worldwide, it is the most widely used surfboard manufacturing resin in the industry. The development of this premium resin continues to reach the goals of high clarity, excellent UV-resistance plus remarkably stable viscosity (consistent flow while laminating and kicking). Cures to water clear finish.
- A high density Divinycell foam core. The out in front industry leader in quality, Divinycell boosts dimensional stability and fracture toughness like no other.
Customization: High Impact, Super Stiff Deck Composite Choices:
- Carbon – Super strong & extremely light weight. 5 times as strong as steel, 2 times as stiff and weighs 2/3 less.
- Carbon/Kevlar Hybrid – All of the benefits of carbon above with alternating strands of Kevlar®. A polymer strong enough to stop bullets and knives—often described as being “five times stronger than steel on an equal weight basis.”
Resin Art Bottom:
Chose blended blue, green, yellow, and grey/black.
- Resin Art – Swirled and airbrushed designs cover the full deck with carbon or Barracuda underneath.
- Color Block – The deck will be fully covered with the premium composite fabric. Then the exterior will be colored with with color leaving clear areas that allow the composite fabric to show through.
- Clear – The deck will be fully covered with the premium composite fabric. Then the exterior will be coated with a clear layer that shows the fabrication.
- Level: Experienced, Advanced, Premium
- Size: 50", 52", 54", 56"
- Weight Limit: No Limit