Deluxe Backpack Skimboard Bag
Two sizes. Made in the USA.
46″ – $89.99
53″ – $99.99
Charcoal Gray & Black. Fully padded for Day or Travel Use.
Wave Zone’s backpack style board bag is a product made in the USA. Quality hand craftsmanship from the mills of South Carolina. Made in the USA from original design… to hand stitching… to screen printing.
Featuring a combination of black canvas and tightly woven charcoal nylon mesh, these sturdy skimboard bags have a thick tooth, sturdy double zipper, a bound and double stitched edge, carry handle, and adjustable backpack straps. The straps can be carried one shoulder or two for convenience. Excellent to keep surf wax off of your car and other places you never meant for it to be!
Each bag is fully padded, making the transition from day use to travel use seamless.
Available in two sizes:
- Small – Dimensions 46”x 22 ½” – Fits up to a 45” Wave Zone skimboard
- Medium – Dimensions – Dimensions 53” x 23” – Fits up to a 53” Wave Zone skimboard
Why use a skimboard travel bag?
- Protect the interior of your car, clothes and other items from surf wax residue. Surf Wax is a pliable and tacky wax intended to give your feet grip on the deck of the skimboard, so in a hot car, it may melt and transfer to the items it touches.
- It is surprising how many ding repair requests we receive from boards that have fallen or blown off of a garage shelf accidentally… a windy day, tight space is all it takes. We have even had them brought in after falling from the top of a rider’s vehicle while loading up at the beach or blowing off a roof rack in transit. Board bags are designed to protect your investment.
- Plane travel. Wrap your board in a towel and bag it… you’ll be good to check in.
How many skimboards will fit in one board bag?
When considering this, review the dimensions of each bag. The average width of a skimboard falls between the measurements of 18” and 22”. That said, most board bags have enough of a margin around the outside of the board to put two skimboards in one bag. Thickness of each board is a factor of course and also if you are bagging a wakesurfer with a fixed fin, that should be factored in.
There is no way for us to evaluate the amount of taper in the width of the board from nose to tail if it isn’t Wave Zone skimboard. To make this easier for the rider we’ve built in some extra space along the rails to accommodate a variety of shapes.